Thursday, May 13, 2010

Book Review: Hush, Hush


Title: Hush, Hush


Author: Becca Fitzpatrick


Genre: YA Fantasy


Synopsis: Romance was not a part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend Vee pushes them at her...until Patch comes along. Against her better judgement Nora is drawn to him. Soon Nora finds herself in a series of terrifying encounters and she thinks Patch might have something do with them.




Overall Review: GOOD BAD UGLY




I really hate to give this book a BAD rating, but I just feel like I have read it before. In fact this is my second time reading because when a sequel is due out I like to read the previous book in order to better enjoy the new one. Luckily, my rating still leaves room for improvement in Fitzpatrick's follow up, which I will read. There are a lot of similarities between Lauren Kate's Fallen, and this book. My opinion may be skewed because I read Fallen first and loved it. I am concerned that Angels are going to become as over-used as vampires. Although I am happy to read a fantasy novel about something other than vamps and wolves (don't get me wrong, I love a good vamp and wolf story) I just didn't care for Fitzpatrick's portrayal of angels. Even after a second read through there still was so much I didn't really understand, hopefully Crescendo will fill in some of the gaps. Even with a bad rating, I would still recommend this book to teens who love a good paranormal romance since the romance in the book is what kept me interested.

1 comment:

  1. I friend of mine bought this one for me. I'm excited to read it. I love the cover! Hopefully, i'll enjoy it. I think your blog is great!

    ReplyDelete

My Favorites