Thursday, May 20, 2010

Review: The Prince's Donor

Title: Prince's Donor
Author: Sindee Lynn
Genre: Adult Urban Fantasy
Synopsis: Four years ago Jenna James signed up for the donor database with fanciful thoughts of lying in the arms of a vampire. Now she wishes she'd had never heard of it since no vampire has ever called on her for donation. As soon as she is ready to delete her name from the registry, a handsome vampire shows up on her doorstep asking for her to be his donor. She agrees to and then is taken on a wild sensual journey unlike any she's ever been on before. However, her vampire is keeping a secret from her, one that could put her life in danger....

Overall Review: GOOD BAD UGLY

Okay, so I got this book in the mail because I signed up to host a virtual book tour and Ms. Lynn was kind enough to send me her book for review. When I picked the book, I new it was about vampires, and since I love a good vamp story I wanted to read it. What I didn't know however was how much sexual content there would be. Now, I like a little sex in my adult fiction as much as the next red-blooded thirty year old woman, but I felt that there was a little more than necessary, with the book being only about 140 pages long. That being said, aside from that I really enjoyed the book. Lynn has created a world set in the future where vampires and humans live side by side. A world where humans sign up to be blood and sex donors for vampires since they require both for survival. The main characters, Jenna and Syrian, are both likable. Their love story is a little fast and solely based on sex, as they have only seen each other twice. As I said I loved the idea and the world that the author created, however, I wish there had been more to their romance than sex. I hate given any book a bad review, and I really had to fight to not to give an UGLY rating. Since I liked some parts of the story, and like the overall way the author writes, I felt that BAD was a appropriate rating.

I hesitate to say this because I am sure that it will have the opposite effect of my intention, but I feel I need to say it anyway since I review a lot of Young Adult books. THIS BOOK IS NOT YA! I do not recommend it for teen readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorites